Monday 11 June 2012

Somethings Matter The Most!


I am writing this post while on my way back to London from Vancouver. The last one week were easily the best few days of 2012. Reuniting with the family and meeting Vanshika - the little angel - made this trip very very memorable. I am longing for more and I know the next few hours in the flight and the coming 2-3 days will be a challenge in itself - to get used to the old routine. This is life, isn'it it? Somethings matter the most and the last few days will stay embedded in my memory for a very long time.

She is still soooo small. When I first saw Vanshika, it was difficult to believe that someone could be so small. She is such a darling, so beautiful, so calm, so relaxed. And she sleeps like an angel! Everytime she wakes up from her sleep, she does this customary stretching of muscles which make you feel like doing it yourself. And she does it in style - It is like a 45 second exercise which puts her immediately back to sleep. Barely 3 weeks old, she sleeps a lot right now. I was slightly surprised initially as to why she sleeps so much. Once in her dreams, it is very difficult to wake her up despite pulling / pushing her legs, arms, singing or for that matter, anything else. But once awake, she listens to you (doesn't respond yet) so attentively that it makes you feel like keep talking to her. I will miss her a lot!

It was great to see Mom and Dad so happy as well. I think for the next few months, all our lives will revolve around Vanshika. Everyone will talk about her, everyone will want to take care of her, everyone will want to play with her. Dad lightly remarked that he has grown 10 years younger after meeting with Vanshika. She's the first grandchild in the family and no doubt, we will all make her feel like a princess. When it comes to grandparents, the bond is much more deep, much more strong. I wish Vanshika learns all the good things from her grandparents as early as possible. I wish she grows up to become an intelligent, smart, beautiful, caring, loving person whom we all are proud of.

Rupi is still with the family. She will be back next weekend. I feel so happy that she is still there - with Bhabhi still recovering, Rupi's presence helps Mom to take care of the house. Mom has had a tough time managing everything on her own and I do hope that she will get a well deserved two weeks of rest while Rupi is with her. Rupi is doing an amazing job - I love you sweetheart!

On a different note, I have to confess my perspective on life changes a bit whenever I spend a few days with bhaiya. Not sure what exactly it is but he lives his life in a totally differnt way that I do. And it makes me learn a lot - Somethings matter more than others in life. I am glad that there is someone I can always look up to for guidance and common sense when things are falling apart. He is like a monk who will always give you the right advice when you need it the most. Bhaiya - stay rooted! I just hope that I stay close to you forever - after all, I am and I will remain your kid brother.


Love and Peace! The two things I seek for all of us.

No comments: